Monday, January 20, 2014
Year one of project runs: March, 2014 – June, 2014 /Variable hours: afternoons, evenings, weekends
Remuneration: $15/hour for a total of 100 hours over the course of the first year of the project.
Red Dress Productions is proud to announce Promise in the Park: The Winchester Park Public Art Project, a multidisciplinary project that will cultivate community engagement in arts in Toronto’s inner city Winchester Park neighbourhood (Wellesley and Sherbourne area) while creating public art that is based upon the local stories and traditions of the people living there. The project will run for 4 years. This posting is for interns to support the project in the first year between March, 2014 – June, 2014
3 equity-seeking emerging artists will be hired as Community Art Interns to work directly with the lead artists to create a safe and welcoming project environments; co-facilitate community-based arts activities and workshops with diverse community members in the Winchester Park Neighbourhood; co-lead art activities in an anti-oppression, community engaged model; collaborate with artistic leadership in documenting and evaluating Promise in the Park project activities; attend relevant RDP seminars, training workshops, and events; carry out other relevant duties as required.
· Consider themselves to be equity seeking and/or experience barriers to employment in the arts;
· Have an ability to work with a diversity of community members;
· Be interested in learning about community engaged and/or collaborative art;
· Be comfortable working as part of a team;
· Have good work habits: punctual, reliable, and conscientious.
Please submit an email application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
1) A brief letter of interest telling us about your artisitic experience and practice; why you’d like to work on this project; and what you hope to learn
2) Your resume, including the name and phone number of two character or employment references
The subject line in your email should be titled “Hiring Committee – Community Art Intern”. Emails with a different subject line may be deleted accidentally without being considered.
For more information about Red Dress Productions visit reddressproductions.blogspot.ca
NO EMAIL OR TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.
The application deadline is Monday, February 17, 2014. Late applications cannot be considered.
Red Dress Productions encourages applications from members of all equity seeking groups. Short listed applicants will be invited to an interview on Monday, February 24, 2014. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer alternate interview dates; candidates must be available on Monday, February 24, 2014 in order to be considered for the position.